When trying to open a network via the LonMaker Design Manager, Visio starts but not LonMaker.
- Run Visio directly (not from LonMaker) by clicking the Visio program icon or from Start > Programs menu. Press Cancel when the "Choose a drawing template" appear.
Select "Options" under the Tools menu, then select the "Advanced" Tab and "File Paths" button. Under Add-ons, the first path listed must be "DRIVE:\LONWORKS_PATH\LonMaker" where the "DRIVE:\LONWORKS_PATH" is the location where you install LonMaker and LNS (C:\LonWorks by default).
Also, under both Stencils and Templates, the first path listed must be "DRIVE:\LONWORKS_PATH\LonMaker\Visio".
Note: If you are running LonMaker 3.1, this is available from the Tools > Options > File Paths
- In the Tools > Options > Security menu, verify that all options below are selected
- Enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications
- Enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications project creation
- Load Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications projects from text
- Enable COM add-ins
- Enable Automation events
Note: If you are running LonMaker 3.1, these options are available in Tools-Options-Advanced.
The Enable Automation events is usually the settings that is causing issues, but you should check them all.
If you have Visio 2010, you can access the security settings from the File Menu-Options-Trust Centre-Macro settings. If you type "Security settings" in the Visio help, you will get the Microsoft help with detailed information on how to access this. The Enable Automation event is available from the Options- Advanced tab-General section, and so are the File Locations.
- LonMaker 3.0
- LonMaker 3.1
- LonMaker Turbo (Ver 3.2)
- Commissioning Tool (CT) 4.0