LonWorks® Device Development
Course Duration: 4 Days
This completely updated and revised course is focused on Device development using Echelons newest version of Nodebuilder®, LonMaker® and LNS®. The four-day course is intended for engineers who are embarking on their first LONWORKS device development project. The course provides extensive hands-on experience designing LonWorks network devices that meet LonMark® guidelines for interoperability. The course includes hands-on practice in designing, debugging, and testing LonWorks devices using the Neuron® C programming language and Echelon’s device and network development tools. We integrated your all your feedback from previous versions of this course, included your course evaluation comments and have completely redesigned this course to meet your needs.
Design network components that are interoperable and configurable. This 4-day course provides experience designing LonWorks network devices that meet LonMark guidelines for interoperability. The class provides hands-on experience designing, debugging, and testing LonWorks devices using device and network development tools. You will practice programming a device with Neuron C. You will install and commission devices on a LonWorks network and see why good device design is important. This course is for engineers who are about to embark on their first LonWorks device development projects.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone developing network devices that need to be LonWorks compatible
- Anyone interested in learning more about designing interoperable, configurable LonWorks devices
- Working knowledge of ANSI C programming
- Familiarization with LonWorks Basics: complete the pre-course reading and LonWorks Basics Quiz
- Attendance in the LonWorks Network Design course
In this course, you will design and develop interoperable, configurable LonWorks Devices including:
- Using NodeBuilder tools and wizards
- Designing device interfaces
- Writing Neuron C programs to enable device functionality
- Implementing LonMark objects and Functional Profiles
- Adding configuration properties to a device
- Creating device resource files
- Architecting device hardware
- Editing, testing, and debugging device and network applications with device and network development tools
- Installing and commissioning the LonWorks Devices into a functioning LonWorks Network
- Creating a simple device Plug-in
The course is offered in a state-of-the-art LonWorks classroom containing the latest LonWorks device design tools. Throughout this course you will participate in extensive laboratory work, case studies, review sessions, and group discussion. You will develop working LonWorks devices in the hands-on laboratory exercises, culminating in a group network design and installation project.
What You Will Receive
Echelon® will provide all your training materials, including course manual, a course CD, the latest Documentation CD. The course manual contains all presented material, labs, exercises, and job aids you will find useful back on the job. At the conclusion of the class, you will receive a certificate of completion and a list with the companies, names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the contacts you have made in this class.