1. FT-10 channels are half duplex, so devices have to wait for other devices to stop sending messages before it can send its own message.
- Recommend keeping sustained traffic below 40 percent to allow important datapoint messages to be sent when needed.
2. Use LonScanner to verify network traffic
- Allows you to check bandwidth and verify connectivity between devices
- CRC error rate should be below 4%
3. Make sure the FT-10 channel is properly terminated
- Free-topology - single terminator typically placed near the network interface or router.
- Bus topology - 2 terminators, one at each end of the bus.
4. Look at the Troubleshooting LonWorks Devices and Twisted Pair Networks