When you see a LonMaker, LNS, LonScanner or LNS DDE Server license transfer failure, use the License Wizard for that product on the new PC to generate license/credit replacement request that you will send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Creating a replacement License/Credit request:
You must generate the form on the computer that will have the license—you can send the e-mail request from a different computer
a. Start the appropriate license wizard from one of the following locations:
Start > All Programs > Echelon LonMaker > LonMaker License Wizard
LonMaker Turbo (select one of the following two places)
i. LonMaker Design Manager Dialog—click the credit information in the dialog (usually green or red)
ii. Start > All Programs > Echelon LonMaker > LonMaker License Wizard
Start > All Programs > Echelon LNS Utilities > LNS Server License Wizard
b. Press the Copy to Clipboard button in the license wizard to save the generated license to the Windows clipboard. For credit replacement, don't worry about changing the credit number at this time as you can change it in the form in step d below.
c. Paste (CTRL-V) the form to your request e-mail or an attached text document.
d. Fully fill out the form as it will be automatically rejected without the company information.
i. Make sure you check "[x]" all appropriate checkboxes.
ii. License/Credit replacement
- Include a summary of what happened
- Including a screen shot or text file with the license state will help to speed up the replacement process.
- Determine how many credits need to be replaced (see section 6 below for instructions). Once you use a device credit to commission a device, the device credit is used and is no longer required. Since your commissioned devices will still be commissioned after you lose your remaining device credits, Echelon only replaces your unused credits.
- Change the number of Credits on the form.
- Check the "no charge replacement" checkbox [x].
e. Send the license form to email@example.com
f. Once you get the Application key from Echelon, start the License Wizard and copy the application key to Activation Key field and click finished.